Friday, July 2, 2010

Happy Fourth of July! Celebrate our Nation's Independence!

Today as I was sailing, I saw Mimi Hughes, a Tennessee resident and teacher, who is trying to swim the length of the Ohio River by July 17. My husband and I were sailing near Cloverport's boat ramp....we noticed a swimmer and a blue kayak that accompanies her as she swims...she is supposed to stop in Cannelton, Indiana at 6:30 PM. She must swim twenty miles each day to reach her goal....people on the banks in Cloverport were cheering her onward....I think it is an amazing goal...I hope she reaches it and is successful.

I will see many of you at Vastwood if you choose to celebrate the fourth of July there. My brother and his wife are bringing my niece and nephew to Hancock County. They will be there with us.
I am excited.

Have a magical summer....it will pass quickly....I have a goal of my own for this year....this class will be one of the best ever....looking forward to meeting you and getting to know you better...
Mrs. Basham

No comments:

Post a Comment